As I leave the Wenatchee area, at least temporarily, in pursuit of warmer weather and the improvement of my own dancing, I want all of you to know how much you mean to me. The fact that we now have a thriving dance community here in the Wenatchee Valley is thanks to ALL of you who have supported my classes, workshops and dances over the years. I do need to single out a few people for effort above and beyond. Special thanks to…
- Bob, for starting the Saturday night dances and keeping them going almost non-stop for the past 3 years.
- Bob, Gene, Harvey, Craig and Robin, who all helped out with Saturday night DJing so that no one person had to carry the load.
- Bob, Judy & Gary, Gene and Joanne, for always being willing to help in whatever way I needed, including stepping in to teach Saturday night lessons when no one else was available, despite having no experience teaching dance.
- Jen, for being willing to drive down from Chelan to share her expertise and love of West Coast Swing with us, and for taking over the administration of this website while I’m gone.
- Betty, one of my first and most dedicated students and a great inspiration and role model for me; she repeated my beginning classes many, many times, just for the love of dancing, and tried to talk everyone she met into taking dance classes.
There are many more but I’m sure that the more people I single out, the more I’ll accidentally overlook someone.
I started teaching here partly for selfish reasons, so that I would have a community of people to dance with. In addition to having achieved that, I also met countless wonderful people, made some great friends and accumulated wonderful memories that I will treasure the rest of my life.
In Germany (where I grew up), they say “Auf Wiedersehen” to express farewell; in English it is usually translated as “goodbye,” but it literally translates as “until we see each other again.” So, Auf Wiedersehen to all of you…
PS I will be keeping my Facebook page updated as I travel; if you want to follow along, send me a friend invite.